PhD in Mass Communication
Founder and Managing Director of PR Care
22 YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Elena Tsoneva-Papudjieva, 43, has 22-year experience as a journalist and a PR expert. She graduated from St. Kliment Ohridski Sofia University with a major in Journalism and then studied Public Relations at New Bulgarian University. There she later obtained her Ph.D. in Mass Communication. She worked as a health news reporter for the first private radio stations in Bulgaria, anchored a TV news program, organized press conferences and special events at Balkan (the first private news agency in Bulgaria), and was a press officer of a major multinational group of companies.
- Elena Tsoneva also has 10 years of experience teaching students at New Bulgarian University (NBU). At present she teaches the following courses: Presentation Skills, Communication Management, PR Practical Training. She was also in charge of PR and head of the media relations service of NBU for a period of three years (she was in charge of the information for the press and the media coverage of the events of NBU’s 25 departments).
- Since 2012 she has been working as a freelance PR expert. Here are the highlights of Elena’s innovative approach in some of her PR projects over the past few years:
The first Bulgarian Symposium on Epilepsy Surgery on Children (2012);
I-ntroduction of Belgian practices in Bulgaria (Specific Immune Therapy) at St. Ivan Rilski Hospital /development of a specific vaccine for postoperative brain tumor recurrence. As a result, the Ministry of Health funded the setting up of such a center in Bulgaria with EUR 200,000.
- Presentation of the first national center for epilepsy surgery in Bulgaria;
Introduction of Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson and Epilepsy in Bulgaria. Media and social pressure upon government institutions. Collaboration with patient organizations and patients supporting the reimbursement DBS devices (April 2013 – January 2015).
- New Therapy in the Fight against Cerebral Palsy – Intrathecal Baclofen Pump Therapy in Bulgaria.
- For the first time in Bulgaria: Campaign dedicated to new technologies used in the treatment of diabetes: insulin pump therapy helps the youngest patients (2014-2016). In 2016 the reimbursement of insulin pumps for children and supplies for adults was approved.
- Apart from being a respected PR professional, Elena also has the trust of the young medical community in Bulgaria. In 2013 she assisted in setting up the Young Doctors for New Healthcare Civil Initiative by four organizations of medical students and young medical professionals. The primary concern of this organization is that 80% of recent medical graduates seek employment abroad. The cause is the inadequate remuneration and the outdated Regulation on Medical Residency. A special event was held at the Doctors’ Garden with the motto Re–Fresh the System. As a result of their efforts at the end of 2014 the Regulation on Medical Residency was changed.
At the beginning of 2015 Elena Tsoneva-Papudjieva joined forces with Rossyana Sotirova and founded PR Care.
t: +359 87 886 5077