WORLD ANTIBIOTIC AWARENESS WEEK 2018
Тhis year’s campaign was conducted in partnership with the most popular and the most visited health-oriented online media in Bulgaria.The information campaign reached over 3,000,000 Bulgarians.
- Main partner: National Center for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases and Patient organization “Together with You “and Association of Medical Students in Bulgaria
- Hospitals: Military Medical Academy and Alexandrovska University Hospital
- Media partners and others: bg, Zdrave.net, Framar.bg, Clinica.bg, SkenerNews.bg, MedicalNews.bg, CreodoWeb.bg, E-zdravey.com, Webcafe.bg, Nike Running Club Bulgaria
- Logos of the campaign: adaptation
- Social Media: Social media titles and Animated GIFs: adaptation. Adapted banners within popular online information articles with a link to a pdf version of the adapted educational brochure for Bulgaria.
- Online survey in the most popular Bulgarian medical web portal Framar.bg, which operates also as an online pharmacy. In the course of a week the survey received 20,000 views and was completed by 2,342 visitors.
EVENT – PRESSCONFERENCE
- Press conference. Attended by 20 journalists, all national TV channels.
- One Health theme: Creation of individual media kits on One Health theme, developed by the agency together with professional journalists specializing in health-related topics; interviews and articles with/of opinion leaders with the key messages of the campaign.
INFORMATION STANDS WORLD ANTIBIOTIC AWARENESS WEEK
- Information campaign: placement of information stands and dissemination of brochures at some of the biggest and most prestigious hospitals in partnership with the Association of Medical Students. Over 3,000 brochures were distributed.
EVENT HEALTH RUN
- Closing Event: Sporting event – a cross race in support of responsible and prudent use of antibiotics under the slogan „EVERYONE HAS A ROLE TO PLAY“; approximately 1,000 brochures were distributed; regardless of the cold weather more than 100 runners took part in the race. The first 50 entrants were given branded T-shirts with the campaign’s logo.
- Organization and logistics
- Design and preparation
- Monitoring and content analysis of information after the event
Media coverage: 34 media, 55 publications and 6 TV news reports
Content Analysis of the Media Coverage:
The topic attracted much interest on the part of the media, and they continued to show a keen interest in all campaign events and activities throughout the week. While antimicrobial resistance is a global problem which keeps getting worse with time, Bulgaria still does not have in place a national action plan on AMR.
Client: World Health Organization WHO
Date: 12-18 November 2018